Here are a few ways that you, as a home inspector, can better work with a local Oilheat dealer:
• Ask the Oilheat dealer any questions you may have about the home’s heating system.
• Consult with the dealer about the age and condition of the heating equipment inspected.
• Request to be present when the dealer performs repair or maintenance service, equipment installation, or tank removal or installation.
• Ask about compliance with local codes.
• Learn about alternative methods of heating and hot water-making, and request new equipment information.
• Speak with the dealer about any service contracts covering the heating system and/or tank.
The more you know about the heating system of a home, the more thorough and accurate an inspection you can perform ... which is why it is important to get to know your local Oilheat dealer.